Sunday, November 16, 2003

Time. Where does it go? The weekend flew by. My Mom, my cousin Andrea, my Aunt Cindy, and our friend Michele were all here for a ladies weekend of shopping, eating out, and hotel fun. A college student's dream.... It was good fun, we went all around Chicago for a few days, and I picked up a few things along the way, such as a new winter hat and an earring for the piercing I had done this summer. That makes me think, I wish you all could see what I talk about on here from time to time. Does anyone know how to post photos that are already on the internet somewhere? I would appreciate someone filling me in! Anyway, one of the highlights of the weekend was today, when Mom and I took the "L" down to a Tattoo & Piercing place on Belmont, not for me but so that SHE could get her cartilage pierced! Go, Mom. Yeah, she's a cool one. It was funny going in there with her, cause we were dressed um... well it's just say we were the only two dressed as we were. Pretty much our clothes weren't vintage/goth/scandalous like everyone else's but I'm sure no one cared too much. They usually don't down there. So we went into this place and my Mom got a hole put in her ear by a guy named Alex whose arms were fully tattooed and who had random piercings - my favorite was a little ring under his nose, kind of like a bull. So that was fun. She said every time she looked at mine she wanted to have it done, so today we finally got into gear and had that done. What a spectacular day.

It's looking like I'm going to live in an apartment off campus next semester. Holla!!! Assuming all the paperwork goes through, that is. So that should be great. In other news: tonight I went to youth group at a friend's church, and I think I am going to start helping out as a youth leader there! It was great, I really liked the kids there, the other leaders are ace and I think I would fit in well with the situation. That's something I'll be praying about in the next few weeks...

That is all for now - the semester is really winding down and time is running out to get things done so I've got to get cracking now! bye for now, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home