There's this song I've been listening to over the last week, a Daniel Bedingfield song - honestly I'm not sure what it's called but I think it's amazing. The chorus goes like this:
I'm never gonna leave your side,
I'm never gonna leave your side again
Still holding on, I won't let you go
Cause when I'm lying in your arms, I know I'm home...
Now I like that. First I thought, hey that's a nice love song there. But the more I thought about it, the more I would rather make it a song of worship - a love song toward God. Years ago I sat in a seminar where the speaker said worship means "a kiss towards" God. In light of my renewed desire to strengthen my relationship with my Lord, I want to commit myself to Him alone because truly, in His arms I am home.
Why is it that I so often forget how important He is? Maybe because down here in my little world it's so easy to only see things from my perspective, to let my problems overshadow the fact that He is in total control. I want to give this up to Him - this life is His gift to me, and I want to offer it back to Him through praising and serving Him.
Now I picture God reaching down to me and, with His gentle hand, lifting my chin up toward heaven and saying to me, "Ashley, don't worry. I've got it." He's got it, He's in control and He loves me. He's taking care of it all, guys! It's so freeing to be able to say that. It's funny how we gain such confidence through surrendering it all to Christ. Whatever it is, give it to Him, and experience the freedom of abundant life and love. In His arms, we are home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home