Who I am...Last year I was here:
In the last 12 months, there have been a lot of changes in my life. One year ago I lived in Scotland, worked in community development, and was learning the many different sides of being a "foreign missionary." Now I'm living back in the States, I'm working in youth ministry/missions again, and I'm still adjusting to a new culture: the South.
I was thinking about these things just now, after a good morning prayer time with some of my OM friends. God is doing so many things and working in so many ways... And He is BLESSING. He is blessing me, my friends, my family, and people all around the world with His love & care, His challenges, and His presence.
When's the last time you Counted Your Blessings? So my life has changed - do I just reflect, or do I praise Him for it? Trials come - do I run to my corner, or do I take His strength and stand? Stand! Rejoice! Philippians 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Paul didn't say, "Hey guys, you should celebrate and praise God sometimes. You know, if you feel like it." No, Paul says strongly "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!" He says it twice!
Here's the chorus of a song I love... It reminds me who I am, who He is, and gives me a clearer, more refreshed perspective:
Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done...
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are...
I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am:
I am Yours.
... I am His.


3 Comments:
Ha, so now I found your blog and read it :-) Still love the picture, seeing it reminded me to your family home in Indiana ;-) Love ya
osh kosh...
hey friend. just wanted you to know that i'm keeping track of you, even though i've been rubbish at keeping in touch! i love you and miss you and wish i could just drive up to scotland again and see you! ~speedy woman
Hey supergirl :)
I LOVE that song...!!
Hugs,
James.
Post a Comment
<< Home